cybertuner

Tom Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Fri, 02 Jun 2000 14:36:16 -0700

Leslie W Bartlett wrote:

> For those who use Cybertuner, how do you manage it with upright pianos?

I usually borrow a dining room chair or some kind of a stool or TV tray
to support the computer off the piano. This is helpful because the piano
can rock a bit while tuning which causes the screen to vibrate. Grands
with wobbly legs are the same in that regard.

I've tried putting it on the top, especially on tall uprights, but that
gets in the way of tuning the bass, where I have to move it to the
middle to get at the bass tuning pins.

A long time ago, I had thought to make a tray that would hang outboard
of the piano but that hasn't materialized yet (1/8" plywood with
felt-lined brackets to hang on the side of the cabinet).

Some day I'll get a round tuit.

Tom Cole
Santa Cruz, CA