upright backcheck felt question

Brian Trout btrout@desupernet.net
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 20:50:19 -0400

In all fairness to Schaff, I have not really had a bad experience with them.
The few times that I have dealt with them, they seemed to be very
reasonable, and courteous.  Most of the hammers we used to use for our
rebuilds came from Schaff.  Their stock replacements are somewhat similar to
Steinway hammers, big soft fluff-balls that need everything done to them.
But since we were fairly accustomed to dealing with Steinway hammers,
(Steinway dealer), it really was no big deal.  They also did a much better
job of boring the hammers than another company I could mention...

I have heard another name mentioned that I must check into more seriously,
and that's Renner.  I've been hearing good things about them as well, and
have had very positive correspondence with them on occasion.

Just thought I'd better add an extra comment in the interest of fairness and
good will.

Brian Trout
Quarryville, PA
btrout@desupernet.net