Knabe pinblock

ANRPiano@AOL.COM ANRPiano@AOL.COM
Sat, 3 Jun 2000 10:46:25 EDT

In a message dated 6/3/00 8:34:12 AM Central Daylight Time, JIMRPT@AOL.COM
writes:

<<  Something I have never seen before, or at least can't recall seeing;
 This old Knabe had hot glue poured between the pinblock and plate flange to
 create, I suppose, a good plate-flange/block fit. Without this glue having
 been poured there would have been very little if any block touching the
 plate-flange. Anyone ever see this particular method used?
 Serial No. of this thingee is #87800, circa 1919.
 Jim Bryant (FL)

Jim,

I have just such a thingee in my shop right now.  I don't remember the age
but it can't be too far from yours would be my guess.  It too had hide glue
all along the plate flange side of the block.  In this case the fit wouldn't
have been all that bad if they hadn't done it or spent another 10 min.
fitting it.

Andrew Remillard