Neat Light

David Ilvedson ilvey@jps.net
Sat, 3 Jun 2000 09:30:46 -0700

Now if they only had some items to choose from...;-}  I remember a Yamaha
class where the Japanese technician used a light to set let-off.  His was
especially nice as it would sit on the strings and the light was a little
flexible neck that could be bent to the best spot.  I have one similar from
Brookstone that I use.

David I.
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf Of
Kevin E. Ramsey RPT
Sent: Saturday, June 03, 2000 8:41 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Neat Light

    I finally got a chance to sit down and write this. I've recently gotten
my hands on one of the best little gizmos I've ever added to my toolbox.
It's a little light. It never seems to run down, even though it's always on
( in a standby mode). I've had mine for over four months, used it daily, and
have yet had to change the battery. And, the bulb never has to be changed
because it's a kind of neon bulb. Best thing I've bought all year. No, I'm
not selling these, I have no connection with them, I just wanted to share
with the other people on the list. I've been thinking about telling you guys
(and girls) about this for a couple of months.
    It's called a "survival light" fits in the palm of your hand, and only
costs $20. I use mine mostly for setting the let-off on grands, because it
casts a really sharp shadow.
    It's made by a company called "Glow-bug" and you can check them out at
www.glow-bug.com   .
    Once again, this may sound like a sales pitch, but it's not. I just
really wanted to endorse a product that I stumbled across.

Kevin E. Ramsey,R.P.T.