Where's the money

ANRPiano@AOL.COM ANRPiano@AOL.COM
Sat, 3 Jun 2000 15:37:40 EDT

tunenbww@clear.lakes.com writes:

<< I was wondering if you live in a large metro area ( as well as
 Andrew) and are you aware of the rate differences between metro and rural?

 Paul Chick >>

Paul,

While I do live in a very affluent suburban area (one of the wealthiest in
the country) and am able to charge more per hour than my rural counterparts,
I don't think I come out all that much ahead in the end.  After I have paid
for my average house, small shop, the highest gas prices in the country,
etc., sometimes I wonder if the privilege of living here is worth it.  After
all it is not what you make it is what you keep that counts.

But to the point of a six figure income, when I was just starting out in the
business world a very wealthy and successful owner of several businesses
passed on a number of ideas he felt were key to his success.  One I will
mention now was this point:  You earn your living from 9 - 5 and build your
net worth after 5 PM.  Don't kid yourself if you think you can earn a six
figure in 40 hours a week.  It just doesn't happen in the real world.

Andrew Remillard