Knabe pinblock

Sat, 03 Jun 2000 15:41:48 -0500

Jim,

At 09:24 06/03/2000 EDT, you wrote:
>Et Al;
>This old Knabe had hot glue poured between the pinblock and plate flange to
>create, ...

Anyone ever see this particular method used?
>Serial No. of this thingee is #87800, circa 1919.
>Jim Bryant (FL)

Yes, or, I think so...  1889 Chickering 6'4" w/4-piece pinblock had
_something_ filling up the gaps around each section.   ...However...  it
may also have been shellac, but in any case it apparently did it's job as
there had been no apparent block movement.

Conrad Hoffsommer - Luther College, Decorah, IA

My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely.