help please...

Charly Tuner charly_tuner@hotmail.com
Sat, 03 Jun 2000 19:35:05 PDT

Hi all,

I spent most of today cleaning up and inspecting two pianos. The first is a
"Winter" Spinet, serial# 297012..if you know the age I'd appreciate it.
Also, it's got a Pratt Read Action, and only the Elbows are plastic...thank
goodness! BUT>>> I tried "melting out the remaining elbows from the flanges,
but it's way to messy and then you have to scrape out the dried plastic. I
can't cut them out because the sides of the wooden flages are very
fragile...so I guess I'll have to remove ALL the pins, at least temorarily,
in order to remove the remaining elbows..unless anyone has a better idea(s).

Next is a Yamaha U1, serial# D 1212941..again if you can date this one too I
thank you in advance!  My main question is about the hammer springs, which
are connected to a thread loop attached to the hammer butt flange..looks
like they're pressed in the little grooves on either side. Well, several are
broken, and I've never had to replace these, so any help in this area would
be greatly appreciated!

Terry Peterson
Los Angeles, CA
Associate Member, PTG