Plate Bushings - was Re: Bushing vs. bigger pin?

Sun, 04 Jun 2000 18:45:08 +0200

Jim... grin.. sorry to have not responded to this. I obviously have misread
the context of your post... hehe.. wont be the first time. In defense tho I
have to say I have heard the crushed bushing argument used in the context I
thought you were using it. And as I saw this posting as a response to this
buisness about pinblocks moving, I kinda just assumed it was along these
lines.

So its not your myth... but it is one out there I have heard.

I would like to express my sincere appreciation to you, Ron, and all the
others. This list is great for making one re-question many of the "truths
about pianos" we have heard through the years. Its great to have folks who
dont hesitate to raise their finger in the air and call "bullsh--" when
they think they hear it. Grin... sometimes causes a bit of ruffled furs..
but when the dust settles you probably have learned something.. at least I
do.

Anyways.. sorry for misreading your post, and thanks for being one of the
many personal resources on this list I value so much.

--
Richard Brekne
Associate PTG, N.P.T.F.