pin driving fluid

Wed, 7 Jun 2000 12:33:41 -0400

Hi Paul -

I used McCloskey's 'Man O' War' Spar Varnish - Gloss.  I understood that
it may not be desirable to use the Spar Varnish with Urethane, which is
WAY more available, and also to avoid satin sheen, as the additives would
possibly be detrimental.  I got this information from the archives.  I
certainly cannot think of any reason that it would have to be Spar,
though.  I would think that any good grade of non-urethane brushing
varnish would suffice.

I frequent the Rockler store here, and found McCloskey's there, but any
hardware or paint store will have spar varnish.  You may have to request
they order you a pint of phenolic if they only have the urethane version.
 It is highly likely they will not know what you are talking about.

My best guess is that a pint would last approximately 3 lifetimes....

Mark Potter
bases-loaded@juno.com