tech/dealership relations

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 13:42:10 EDT

Jim writes:
<< I have faced this problem in the past and I know how I handled it...but
what
are your opinions? Or how have you handled like situations in your
practice?..............both from dealers viewpoint and techs? >>

Greetings,
   If the tech still needs the dealer's referrals to stay in business, he
will have to accept the terms.  If the tech has built up enough business on
his own, then he could tell the dealer to find another, hungrier tech.
    There is a dire shortage of piano technicians in this country, ( I know,
a glut exists in a few places, but they are the exceptions) ,  so the tech
gets to make the choice of independence with its consequences, or reduced
income but more security with the store.
    Maybe, the tech could raise the price of his floor tunings by $10 and
say, OK!
Regards,
Ed Foote