Chemistry (yes, piano related)

Kristinn Leifsson istuner@islandia.is
Thu, 08 Jun 2000 00:46:54 +0000

Hi list,

I was tuning out in the country right by the famed Blue Lagoon.
I was asked to look at a grand that was located in a nearby power plant,
they said it wasn´t stable.  As some of you may know we use geothermal
energy to produce electricity, (holes drilled deep into the ground and
water pumped down and the power from the steam harnessed.)
Well, when I looked at the grand,(which happened to be positioned above a
heater in the floor and by a HUGE wall sized window(which would explain the
instability)) I noticed with shocking terror and a backwards aerial half
twist that the bass strings were covered with blue gunk.

Yes blue.

I started thinking. I quickly realized that this had to do with something
in the E-N-V-I-R-O-N-M-E-N-T.

Bass strings : copper Cu

Air around geothermally active places : sulfur S

Conclusion : Cu(SO)4  (copper sulfate which is blue.) How does one make
"subscript" in Eudora?

I feel soooo academic,

Kristinn Leifsson,
Reykjavík, Iceland

P.S. Since we´re talking about the cranial capacity of certain populous
nations here´s a proverb:

Foolish man give wife grand piano.  Wise man give wife upright
organ.  (Apologies for the smut if you got it)