ETD Question

Tom Robinson tomnjan@bellsouth.net
Thu, 08 Jun 2000 11:15:09 -0400

Greg Newell wrote:

> Richard,
>     I can make a suggestion but it's based on my use of TuneLab not Cybertuner.
> In tuneLab when I run across this problem (very infrequently) I just sample a
> different note.

I also use TuneLab.  To start with, I use the Calcul8 program.  At first I had lots
of trouble getting good curves, but no more.  One thing I do now when sampling is
to use rubber mutes (instead of strip muting first) on the sample strings.  I first
tune the string to zero the display.  If I don't get a good reading, I reposition
the (remote) mike.  If this fails, I pull the string up just a little (.5 cent).
As a last resort, I pluck the string.  On the "good" pianos I rarely have to
pluck.  On the "furniture" spinets........'nother story.

Tom Robinson
East Tennessee