tech/dealership relations

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 16:27:14 EDT

In a message dated 6/7/00 9:34:47 AM Pacific Daylight Time, JIMRPT@AOL.COM
writes:

<< I just talked to a newer tech who is faced with the following circumstance:

  The tech has a working realtionship with a local dealer and this dealership
 has been a 'positive' in building a client base for this tech and a
 'positive' for the dealership in much reduced service problems/complaints. >>

I would suggest to the tech that he have a heart to heart talk with the
dealer to find out why the dealer is changing the relationship. Something
must have happened for the dealer to want a different arrangement. Find out
what the reason is, and go from there. At this point, unless the tech really
needs the business, it seems he has the upper hand. The dealer needs hm more
than the other way around, unelss the dealer has found someone else to do the
work.
Willem