ETD Question

Kdivad@AOL.COM Kdivad@AOL.COM
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 19:58:23 EDT

In a message dated 06/09/2000 6:10:55 PM Central Daylight Time,
Wimblees@AOL.COM writes:

> While I fully support your views, unfortunately, there have been reports
that

>  former aural tuners, who now rely on an EDT, have lost the edge to tune
>  aurally. This was my way of reminding everyone that we need to keep those
>  skills sharp by turning off he machine once in a while just to keep
> ourselves
>  honest.
>
>  Wim

Wim, while I do believe that there is the distinct possibility of getting out
of shape aurally I would like to know about those reports.  What kind of
reports are they?  Are these reports anecdotal?  The reason that I ask is
most of the tuners I know who have started tuning electronically have said it
has enhanced their tuning ability.  Of course these are conscientious people
who care about their skill and profession.

David Koelzer
Associate Member
DFW