Voicing & Owner Education

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sun, 11 Jun 2000 11:38:33 EDT

In a message dated 6/10/00 7:44:08 AM Central Daylight Time,
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:

<< I broached the topic, and he seemed uninterested (I think he just
 simply did not have a clue).

 Any suggestions on educating a piano owner  >>

Tone is like color. There is nothing wrong with blue, or green, or yellow.
It's what you like, and what the customer likes that is important. If you ask
a customer if he likes the way his piano sounds and plays, and he says yes,
then that's all there is to it. Don't try to convince him his piano doesn't
sound right, because if you change it against his wishes, and he doesn't like
the "new" sound, what are you going to do?

You can bring up the subject, and ask him if he likes the way the piano
sounds or plays. But If he has no complaints, let it go.

Willem