tuning

Leslie W Bartlett lesbart1@juno.com
Sun, 11 Jun 2000 12:31:57 -0500

We, well, actually, I, brought up the idea of "what's an octave" at
meeting yesterday.  I kind of figured there's a whole lot of disagreement
about what such is.  Sure enough, five persons tuned an octave, each on
an adjacent note, and we had at least three different octaves, just by
listening to the octaves, no tests. When we did tests, there were five
different octaves, no one agreed as to what constituted such.

I find that quite fascinating.
les bartlett
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.