Bridge Pin/Epoxy Question

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Mon, 12 Jun 2000 20:39:14 -0500

>Don't just use maple.  Use pinblock material for your experiment.  Solid wood
>reacts differently than does cross grained, quarter sawn, Maple.  =)  I think
>you will have different results and find a place for such repairs in your
>arsenal.
>Ed Tomlinson

Here I was, trying to be good and giving you all a well deserved break from
my blitherings, when suddenly - this. Of the pinblock material available
commercially today, at this very moment, how many are composed,
constructed, assembled, or otherwise stacked from quarter sawn maple?
Hands? Now, how many are etc, etc, from rotary cut maple, beech, or some
other Whole Earth substance? Hands? I understand that the point was/is that
a plain old chunk of maple isn't pinblock material, but it seems to me to
be an unwarranted assumption that for something to qualify as pinblock
material, it must be cross plied, quarter sawn maple.

Ron N