Need personal help (only slightly piano related)

Brian Trout trouts_place@hotmail.com
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 13:46:27 EDT

Dear List,

It seems I find myself at the beginning of my own piano business and at the
end of a 12 year marriage.

I'm pretty upset at the moment, having found out that my wife is having an
affair with another man and has been planning to leave for longer than I had
known.  It appears that reconciliation is no longer an option.

So, does anyone have any advice you could share with me?

The business is just getting started.  I doubt it has much value to speak
of, but I have collected an assortment of tools which I would hate to lose,
and a portable workshop that's too big to just park in someone elses
driveway. (sort of resembles a small double wide mobile home)

All in all, if you add up the total value of our assets, and the total of
our outstanding debt, (business included) it comes pretty darn close to
$0.00.  We rent a house.  We drive old cars. We have precious little for 12
years worth of time together. We never had kids, and she probably makes more
money than I do, but not much.  (She also has the health insurance, which
I'm anticipating loosing.) Can anybody out there give me some advice on how
to get this thing behind me?  It's tearing me apart.  I can't eat right.  I
can't sleep right.  I'm a nervous wreck.

I'm sorry to take up bandwidth on the pianotech list, but I don't know who
else would know better where I am than someone in the same type of business,
or frankly, who else I can turn to for an unbiased opinion.  I know there
are some of you who have been through similar things, and if you have time,
I sure would appreciate your thoughts.

Please respond to me at my alternate e-mail account:

trouts_place@hotmail.com

At least I know that one will be private, and we can talk openly.

Thanks in advance for anything you can offer.

Brian Trout
Quarryville, PA
trouts_place@hotmail.com