Screwing

Kristinn Leifsson istuner@islandia.is
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 18:54:48 +0000

I tuned a Cable console today.
Why do they have SO MANY plate screws?
I havenīt tuned many of those Aeolian pianos but the ones I have were
totally screwed... together that is.  It takes so long to just open the
darn things.

I also tuned a Rippen.  Now, thatīs what I like!  No screwing.  You can
just yank the lids off.  OK, they screwed the plate.  Thatīs better you
know, but there werenīt as nearly screwable objects and those that were,
were a lot smaller.  Yet Rippen is renowned for stability.

Donīt get me wrong.  I know how to operate a screwdriver and am quite
capable in doing so.  I also know a few things about the actual screwing
process.  But I think this Aeolian thing is an overkill.

I also found the non-straight "Made by American Craftsmen" sticker inside
quite funny ;)

Regards,

Kristinn Leifsson,
Reykjavík, Iceland