Plate screws

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 07:26:58 -0400

Kristinn,

I'm afraid you lost me here.  What does the number of plate screws have to do
with opening and tuning a console piano?  If you meant case screws, does the
case show signs of having been tampered with?  I don't tune many Cable
pianos, but I can't recall that any piano with its original case calls for
the removal of more than six screws.

I can understand your amusement at the sticker.  Pianos I've seen carrying
that sticker are generally known for their lack of craftsmanship.  But it
probably helped the company to sell a few more pianos.  I've also come across
spinets with a little metal tag on the fallboard proclaiming them to be
consoles.  I guess questionable ethics run across all levels of society.

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger, RPT
Lititz, PA, USA