[Re: ETD Question]

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 23:42:59 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: Don <drose@dlcwest.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Monday, June 12, 2000 7:45 PM
Subject: Re: [Re: ETD Question]

> I am afraid you are quite wrong about pianos not changing significantly.
> Unfortunately the sound board influences inharmonicity, and the sound
board
>  changes with humidity and temperature. Some one has used the term
> "impedance" of the board--not truely the correct term, but it does change.
> Many FAC users will attest to the numbers changing over time.

 As far as the numbers changing, perhaps  one of two things is happening.
The machine is not accurate, (as far as inharmonicity is concerned) or the
inharmonicity formula is missing a variable that has yet to be discovered
and measured.   Maybe there are more modern formulas.    As far as the
machines you could compare readings from the three, SAT, RCT and Tunelab.
When considering sb influences it is hard to imagine how sb changes
frequencies of the partials so they are different from the same fundamental.
Unless it is the tail wagging the dog effect. ---ric Woof    (Dutch for
bow-wow)