THE GUIDE

Tom Robinson tomnjan@bellsouth.net
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 17:19:31 -0400

Hi Newton,

I checked the PTG web site, but I could not find reference to your
creation.  Perhaps it is in the "members only" section.  If so, I would
like to know how I could get a copy otherwise.

I am not a guild member............for a couple of reasons.  First, the
requirement that you belong to a local chapter......   Apparently, the
closest local chapter (75 miles)  has no interest in (a) answering email
queries (b) gaining a "mere" associate member    Second.....my current
client list is rather abbreviated, due in part to the sparsely populated
area........and there seems to be a prevailing attitude here that pianos
stay in tune for a decade or two.  I have just reached the "break even
point" after about 2 years.  So far, almost every penny I have made in
tunings has been invested in tools, books, parts, and charity work
(local high school) and a few disadvantage piano students.

If it were a mere question of sending money to PTG to join up...... I
would.

Tom Robinson
East Tennessee.