Ghosts of impedance past, and yet to come

Fri, 16 Jun 2000 22:39:02 +0200

Kristinn Leifsson wrote:

> Speaking of better unisons,
>
> why is it that the right string in a three string unison, is more often
> than not the one with the least false beats?

Does it ??? I used to think so but I am not convinced anymore of this.
Seems like when I really start taking notes and counting which strings do
what it ends up being much more random as to which strings have false
beating.

> And why does one sometimes have to touch up the right string (again more
> often than not) in the last check of the tuning?

Try reversing or changing the order of which side you tune first. You might
find a change in this as well.

--
Richard Brekne
Associate PTG, N.P.T.F.