pinblock drilling

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 22:37:12 EDT

In a message dated 6/16/00 7:56:46 PM Central Daylight Time,
cedel@supernet.com writes:

<< I've been servicing a 1978 console that developed loose tuning pins over
 the past several years, pretty much evenly across the piano.  I decided
 as a first course of action to drive all the pins a smidgen deeper.
 That worked pretty well, but I got the distinct impression as I was
 going along that the tuning pins were hitting bottom in the holes.  A
 pretty good whack didn't noticeably move some of them.

 Is this possible?  Has anyone had opportunity to notice if a factory has
 ever drilled the pinblock on a vertical too shallow?

 Regards,
 Clyde Hollinger >>

I don't know for a fact that holes were drilled to a certain point, but I
have experienced the same thing. So there must be something to your
observation.

Willem