jig

ETomlinCF3@AOL.COM ETomlinCF3@AOL.COM
Sat, 17 Jun 2000 01:25:21 EDT

List,

I wanted to make a comment on the cover of the journal this time.  I don't
know how involved Bill Spurlock is with PTG anymore but I had to make a
comparison with his hammer tapering jig and the one pictured on the front
cover of the journal.  I looked at the plans and saw at least $40 worth of
materials and an hour of searching for parts coupled with several hours of
assembly.  Bill makes a jig similar that is simpler, easier to use and all
for $75.  Just an observation.  You could buy that and his hammer tail
shaping jig for less than you would have into the other with time and
materials.

He also has new mortise sizing cauls.  How ingenious.  This guy thinks of
everything. Take a look at them on his web site at spurlocktools.com, I think
it is worth it.

Ed Tomlinson