S & S Underlevers

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 11:17:47 -0500

List,

   After 25+ years, I'm having to redo my first
damper tray that has the glued in underlever
flanges. Bunches of them have loose, noisy
pinning at the two pinned parts. :-(
   Besides "get a new one" :-), which isn't an
option at this point, does anyone have any words
of wisdom on things to watch out for? It looks
pretty straightforward. They popped loose easily
with no damage, am cleaning up the old hide glue,
will repin and reglue with hide glue.
   With the locater peg thing in the flanges, it
looks like the only thing I need to watch for is
to be sure they're glued on straight.
   Any other thoughts? Thanks.

Avery

mailto:atodd@uh.edu - Work           "I haven't failed. I've
                                      found 10,000 ways that
mailto:avery@ev1.net - Home           won't work."

Avery Todd                           -Benjamin Franklin-
Moores School of Music
University of Houston
Houston, TX 77204-4201
713-743-3226