Sore Thumb

Kent Swafford kswafford@earthlink.net
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 22:04:37 -0500

on 6/19/00 9:02 PM, John Lillico, RPT at staytuned@idirect.com wrote:

> Dr. Ron and others,
>
> I've developed a sore thumb this past week. The pain is at the base of my left
> thumb. Being a right-handed tuner it sure makes it difficult to check my work
> with tenths as the stretch is a bit much.

It is very likely the pain will subside soon, but in the mean time you need
to give your thumb a rest. Many (most?) tuners cannot play a one-handed
tenth, so "make do" with some two-handed tenths for a while. With rest and
over-the-counter pain medication, there should be improvement within a week
-- if not, see a doctor.

Kent Swafford