Celebrating 300 Years of the Piano

David Ilvedson ilvey@jps.net
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 15:31:12 -0700

Here in the Bay Area of California our PBS ran a Smithsonian special called
"Piano Grand" hosted by Billy Joel.  Many top pianists played (I missed most
of it and just caught the end).

David I.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of John Lillico, RPT
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2000 9:41 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Celebrating 300 Years of the Piano

>Don't miss the PBS special THIS Sunday (check local listings for time),
>entitled, "Celebrating 300 Years of the Piano".
>
>Terry Peterson
>Los Angeles, CA
>Associate Member, PTG

I checked with the PBS station in Buffalo. Is what they talk about the same
as Celebrating 300 Years of the Piano? Their reply was as follows:

<Dear Mr. Lillico,
        GREAT PERFORMANCES: THE ART OF THE PIANO is scheduled for broadcast
Saturday, July 1 at 8:00 pm on WNEQ (Channel 23).  At this time, it is not
scheduled to air on WNED (Channel 17).  However I spoke with our Director of
Broadcasting, Ron Santora, and he said he may air it on WNED sometime in
late summer or early fall.  You may want to keep an eye on your On The
Horizon member magazine, the program schedule on our website, or feel free
to check back with us in mid-July.  We should have the August program
schedule complete by then.
        THE ART OF THE PIANO is available on video from WNET at
1-800-336-1917.
You may also want to check out the website for it at www.pbs.org/wnet/gperf.
        I hope this helps.  Contact us anytime you have a question or
comment. We appreciate hearing from our members and viewers.

Sincerely,
Goldie Gardner, Viewer Services>

John Lillico, RPT
Oakville, Ontario