String coupling.

Wed, 21 Jun 2000 23:22:51 +0200

I have to second Dons motion here. I have used both RCT and Tunelab on
several different pianos / grands rangeing in quality and maintainance from
extremely good to pretty bad. I have checked and rechecked single strings
several times to be sure and have found that there is definatly a variance
to the point that I am in serious doubt as to the present idea that strings
will definatly drop in pitch as they are coupled to each other.

Given the fact that several different factors can come into play, this
really shouldnt be so much a suprise. Almost expectable when you come to
think of it.

I have even started noticeing that pitch fall through amplitude decrease is
not exactly a hundred percent thing.

--
Richard Brekne
Associate PTG, N.P.T.F.