Another rabbit trail

Thu, 22 Jun 2000 00:00:00 +0200

Ron Nossaman wrote:

> Hi Clyde,
> The ears are just the meat and bone transducer acting as one of the input
> devices to the real magic - the multi purpose real time conceptualizer in
> the meat computer residing between those ears.

> It's not our ears that
> define our tunings, it's that chunk of gray stuff with no moving parts at all.

This is exactly the point. And it is exactly this that makes me think that
an ETD that simulatanously shows several partials would be a benifit, as
opposed to overly confusing. In fact, I would think that after getting used
to such a display, we could learn an awfull lot about just what our ears
and brains are doing when solving the tuning puzzle

--
Richard Brekne
Associate PTG, N.P.T.F.