Everett Model/Scale Number

John Lillico, RPT staytuned@idirect.com
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 22:55:13 -0400

>Who has the model number for the Everett 45" studio upright made by Yamaha
>in this country in the 80s. This one is 1984. Schaff says there is a model
>number for which individual bass string can be ordered. Yamaha doesn't
>remember anything that far back.
>
>Bill Ballard, RPT
>New Hampshire Chapter, PTG

Bill,

The 45 inch studio was model #11, 21 or 31. The 11 was the school model, the 21 was the church model and the 31 was the studio model. I believe the only difference was in the cabinet. They were all 45 inches.

Later, Everett went to four numbers with the last two designating the style/finish, i.e., 33 french provincial, cherry, 43 early american cherry and on down the line.

Model numbers were usually found on the back or top block of the piano.

Anyway, your safe with the 31 designation.

John Lillico, RPT
Oakville, Ontario