Note ID - & Tunelab

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 23:43:52 -0500

>Hi Ron,
>
>This designation is the same for the SAT and RTC.
>
>You are just contrary enough to want something different
>that what all the rest of us has had to take the time to get
>used to.
>
>(sigh)  Such difficult people!
>
>But then again you never did like doing it like everyone
>else now did you.
>
>		Newton :)

Yea but... yea but... What the heck's the point of having a pitch standard
centered on "A" so we can have to learn to get around some lingering
fossilized "C"-centric pitch notation system eighty years after the fact?
It's no wonder there's confusion with note references in technical
correspondence with some following the ancestral plan, and some trying to
figure it out sensibly. If the pitch standard was centered on C, it would
be more logically acceptable, but as it is, it's nonsense. Sorry, but this
sort of arbitrary designation offends my sense of order and logic. I
consider it unnecessarily obfuscatory, counter productive, and "quaint" to
no productive purpose. Why can't we get used to a sensible and rational
system instead? Who knows, given time and therapy, we might just be able to
make the leap.

Now I know why I'm an aural tuner.

Ron N