The Journal

Jeannie Grassi jgrassi@silverlink.net
Thu, 22 Jun 2000 07:59:31 -0700

Patrick and others,
You're right about the staff changes having a direct affect on the
publishing of the Journal.  Joe Zeman was left short-handed at the same time
that the Convention brochure, council agenda, and Membership Directory were
being put together resulting in delayed monthly issues.  He is catching up
and the quality of the Journal is improving as we speak.  The changes in
layout and graphic presentation that John & Chris Hartman have been working
on will be seen in the July issue.  We appreciate your patience and support
and hope to be back on schedule soon.

Jeannie Grassi, RPT
Assistant Editor, Piano Technicians Journal
mailto:jgrassi@silverlink.net

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of J Patrick Draine
Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2000 5:53 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: The Journal

Brian Trout wrote:

> What factors determine whether the Journal will get mailed out on time?  I
> have no concept of what it takes, so I'm not being critical.  I have
noticed
> that there are some magazines that I've subscribed to over the years that
> could almost set my watch by, and others that are much less predictable.
>
> If we do ask for a Journal that's of similar content as to what we now
get,
> are we being unreasonable to ask for it to happen on a schedule?  (I don't
> know the answer to that, or the surrounding issues, I'm just asking, not
> accusing.??)
>
> The question has long since been asked, what's up?  Does anyone have the
> 'inside scoup'?

My understanding (quite imperfect & second or third hand -- would some Board
member care to correct my words?) is that the delays have been a result of
recent staff changes -- at least one of those who left had been very
involved
in getting the Journal "out the door" -- and it looks like the staff
rollover
was not perfectly seamless. We have been very lucky to have had the Journal
running so smoothly, for so long, that sometimes we're a bit intolerant of a
few bumps in the road.
It *was* a real hassle that the membership had to completely rely on chapter
delegates for information on new bylaws proposals, but now at least most
folks
have received those.

Patrick