Stringing Piano

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Thu, 22 Jun 2000 14:32:20 -0400

Do you notice any difference in the tone between the shiny and the dull wire?

Here's why I ask:  A local piano rebuilder received some of the dull wire and
showed it to us at a chapter meeting.  He cut a little piece off the end of a
roll and asked us to listen to the sound made by the cut.  Then he did the same
thing with the shiny wire.  There was a decidedly different tone between the
two, which leads me to believe this could also affect the tone of the piano
after it is strung.  They sent the dull wire back to be replaced.  I don't know
which name brand it was.

Regards, Clyde