INTERVAL

Mike Lafleur mlafleur@carolina.rr.com
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 22:28:56 -0400

To paraphrase John W. Travis in "Let's Tune Up," p. 118:

A Major interval is an interval in which the upper tone is in the scale
of the lower tone. While the fourth and the fifth fall into that
category, the lower tones of those intervals are also in the scale of
the upper tones, and the intervals are therefore called perfect. This
does not apply to the other major intervals.

I hope this is accurate and answers your question. It is something I (a
dabbler in music and tuning) have recently learned.