Smoke Damage

Fri, 23 Jun 2000 22:30:07 -0400

On Fri, 23 Jun 2000 18:16:24 -0500 Ron Nossaman <RNossaman@KSCABLE.com>
writes:
> >we were warned against placing a piano in an Ozone room (or tent ).
> >
> >Phil Romano
>
> Why? Not why was the instructor James Schmidt, but why not put a
> piano in
> an ozone tent? Surely someone asked him.
>
> Ron N

I do not have first hand evidence of this, but was told by the company
that handled the smoke and fire damage to the house and furnishings from
my last smoke damaged piano job that the ozone will attack rubber.  If
this is true, it is surely a small price to pay for the benefits of
ridding the piano of all remnants of the odor.

So what if a few rubber buttons get gummy?

Mark Potter
bases-loaded@juno.com