Brass Rail Clips?--Thanks for the help

BSimon999@AOL.COM BSimon999@AOL.COM
Sat, 24 Jun 2000 20:54:24 EDT

I would like to thank those who weighed in on my problematic Lyon and Healy
with unusual geometry of a failing  brass rail.

I think all my problems will be solved by the Schaff #517 brass repair flange
that John Ross pointed out to me. It is cheap, and I can show the fellow how
to repair the action himself  as more original flanges fail. ( Money is a
real problem, he has little to spare.)

There was a larger problem with this piano. I have used this particular
repair flange in the past, but never even thought of it in this case, as I
had a HUGE mental block against continuing to work on this loser of an action
and resisted thinking about it constructively.  Hopefully, that errant
behavior is over, punctured by the repair clip reminder from John.

Again, thanks to; John Ross, Joe Goss, Larry Messerly, Guy Nichols, Mark
Dierauf, Carl Meyer, Paul Chick, and anyone else I may have missed. All the
tips given will be useful in time.

Sincerely,
Bill Simon