Steck

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 15:26:21 -0500

I looked at a George Steck spinet today. The customer wants the playability
improved, which some basic regulation will help, and a set of keytops
(naturally). Oddly enough, this is one of the rare instances where it looks
like it might be doable without making a career of it, and it's the
ancestral piano, so I told her I would. If they'd just bought it, I'd have
passed, but since it was a family member, I can see their point in wanting
it to be less crippled.

Anyway, the thing here is that the long bridge isn't notched, just one long
bevel front and back, with speaking lengths differing up to about 5mm left
to right in each unison. It looked really alien when I pulled off the
kneeboard and saw it lurking in there. Ought to be a real adventure to tune.

Ron N