INTERVAL

Norman Barrett n.h.barrett@worldnet.att.net
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 23:22:47 -0500

The way I learned it was the seconds, thirds, sixths and sevenths are major
when the upper note is contained in the scale of the lower note. Example C to E
is a major third but E to C is minor because the C is lowered from C# in the
scale of  E.
C to F are both in the scale of C also but F to C is also in the scale of  F.
The perfect intervals are unison, fourth, fifth and octave. There may be some
other reason but that's what I learned.

Norm Barrett