Steinway Spinet??/getting closer...

RptBob1@AOL.COM RptBob1@AOL.COM
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 08:08:20 EDT

In a message dated 6/28/00 6:01:56 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Maxpiano@AOL.COM
writes:

<< ally tuned one of those animals - a Steinway with the traditional
 round-head flange screws staring at me from the auxilary flange rail of its
 drop action.  At the time (1958) I was in the Army stationed in
 Ascbaffenburg, Germany.  Haven't seen one since.

 My understanding up till that time was that Steinway didn't even build
pianos
 during WWII.  For the war effort, they were pressed into building gliders to
 transport troops into action.

 Bill Maxim

Bill:
Thanks for the input, but: was it actually a Spinet-with drop action, etc.
Or just a small console.  Can you clarify?

Bob Bergantino, RPT