impedance and empericism -- longer

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 14:52:29 -0500

>I said "we" for a good reason.  The equipment I envision is far beyond my
>resources, a lab full and a team would be ideal.

It's beyond mine too, not to mention the time spent against the potential
return.

>  But the first start of
>any research is to find out what research has already been done.  At least I
>could give that a crack.
>You said,
>>" As the moisture content of the soundboard assembly changes, so does it's
>>mass and  stiffness, and thus it's impedance and resonant frequency at any
>>given point on the scale. All that is measurable, has been measured, ....."
>
>Was this pubished?  Where?---ric

I don't know. All I've seen published is general stuff on vibrational modes
at different frequencies, and talk of more in depth studies with no more
details given, and certainly no formulas. The general consensus seemed to
be that the more data was gathered, the less obvious anything became.

Ron N