defective actions

pianolover@worldspy.net pianolover@worldspy.net
29 Feb 2000 18:21:58 -0800

Hi Avery,

Through the process of elimination, it turned out that some of the sharp keys were fitting too tight on the front rail pin, causing them to stick. At first i though a quick fix would be to spray some McLube on the pins, but then I noticed they were angled too far (toward the key slip) and this was causing the key to fit tight in the felt lined bushing. I thought about using my easing plyers, but this was a VERTICAL not horizontal tightness problem. So, a slight tap to push the pin forward and, voila...problem solved!

Terry