Dampp-Chaser

PAT A RALPH KENNETH.GERLER@prodigy.net
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 23:08:07 -0600

Pat,

I don't care what climate you are in, the D-C control a micro climate in =
the piano. at points in time, even where you are, the "relative" =
humidity will be below what the D-C is programed for and the humidifier =
will come on.  Secondly, water evaporates and just by that alone the =
humidifier tank will need refilling.

Ken Gerler

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Pat Neely=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Tuesday, February 29, 2000 9:14 PM
  Subject: Dampp-Chaser

  To those who install dampp-chasers, A customer moved and had her =
dampp-chaser unplugged so I put in a new liner  and filled it up with =
water after a bit I check the rods the de-humidifier rod was hot and the =
humidifer was cold, check to be sure the d-h was plugged in to the d-h =
side of the thermostat  it was  so why is the de-h rod getting hot in my =
climate it should rarely come on?  your input will be appreciated  Thank =
you Pat Neely