PA state convention... help

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Wed, 01 Mar 2000 09:42:48 +0100

An interesting reply,, tho I am not quite sure just you mean by that last
sentence. I would like to clarify a bit tho about this buisness of tone
regulation by tuning. I aggree that one must be very adept indeed to be able
to declare this as a refined tool in ones "tool box". That being said its
kinda important to realize that we are all "regulating tone" to some degree or
another whenever we adjust the tension of the strings. This realization can
lead to an awareness which in turn can lead to refinement. I am definately not
so adept at tuning in this particular sense that I would declare this skill as
one I possess,,, yet I am neither ignorant of the value of it and listen
carefully often enough while tuning to see if I can develop this further..

As with all the different beating intervals... in the end its all in the ears,
and mind. Its just up to us to "find" these things.

Now to that last sentence.. You didnt mean to write  "proceed" instead of
"precede" did you..?? Maybe you could re word this sentence so it comes
through a bit clearer ???  grin

--
Richard Brekne
Associate PTG, N.P.T.F.