Kohler And Campbell clicks Epilogue

Phil Bondi tito@PhilBondi.com
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 15:59:45 -0500

First, let me say thank you to all who responded to this thread - oh - about 6
weeks ago.

I was finally able to get to this piano today - this what I found:

Rock-hard Knucles(yes Jon!)

Plain and simple. They appeared to be in excellent shape - they were - except for
the texture!

I DID check for off-set Jacks in the window while I was there - not the case this
time, but will keep an eye on that in the future - Thanks Newton - Howard - and I
forget who else at this point. JimB, nice try with the
next-key-over-paper-punching-theory..maybe next time!

Roger, I used my trust Dental tool to get in between and 'soften' those
puppies..works like a dream.

There is still a slight 'humph' on the return, but the click is gone - knowing
that the dealership(cross-country) had generously OK'ed for me to do the work, I
did not want to investigate further for fear of 'dealer wrath' when it is
probably not necessary, since the customer is MUCH happier.

Too bad the tech has an ear for these things!

The only thing I could come up with for the remaining 'humph' might be to turn
the front rail and/or balance rail pins - decent guess?

Thanks again to all (no Ron - I didn't see or feel any evil spirits!),

Rook