On a Scale of One

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Wed, 01 Mar 2000 21:40:18 -0600

>I was not aware that any US manufacturers did this.  Or is this one of the
>new Cable Nelson pianos that could have been built anywhere in the known or
>unknown universe.

Nope. Sn 182513, Pierce says it's circa 1933.

>One question.  Do you know if they carried the equal tension scheme through
>to the bass section as well?  The true equal tension scales worked with
>individual string tensions, not unison tensions.  Through the bass as well.
>
>Del

Sorry, I don't. I didn't actually take any measurements, just eyeballed the
odd speaking length progressions in the treble and assumed. Before I got a
chance to explore, I got sidetracked talking to the owner and didn't get a
good look at the bass bridge.

Ron N