Making the Transition

Rodney Pritchett rodneycp@bellsouth.net
Thu, 02 Mar 2000 01:21:27 -0500

Rodney Pritchett wrote:

[snip]

> Today I will be in rehearsal (bass trombone) for a show tonight here in
> Atlanta with Frank Sinatra Jr.  Yeah, I know . . . as someone said to
> me, "Is HE still singing?" Somewhere deep in the recesses, I seem to
> recall hearing horror stories from others of working with that entourage
> - hope that was someone else.

It must have been, for this was a rather enjoyable experience - as these
things go.
Man, there were moments when, if you closed your eyes . . . you'd get
lost!  I mean - you could also hear his dad there.

One of the more touching things, at least to me, took place in the
rehearsal.  The end of the show was a tribute to Ol' Blue Eyes, or as he
says, "my famous parent," and when we kicked into My Way -  well, let's
just say we had to do that section over again so Frank could do his
part.

Rodney Pritchett
Marietta, GA