EZ quiz

Fri, 03 Mar 2000 12:57:51 -0600

The perpetrator:	1920s S&S D in private home (da purrfesser's)

The complaint:	intermittent damper pedal squeak.

The background:	Beautifully rebuilt inside and out, and generally lives
		up to all the hype S&S has ever promulgated.

Unsuccessful attempts to squelch:
		-determined that noise was _not_ internal.
		-checked adjusting nut on rod
		-inspect, lube and tighten pedal plate (that one in
			pedal box on underside of pedal lever)
		-lube pedal rod socket
		-lube rod and guide bracket
		-lube leather on trapwork arm
		-remove and lube trapwork arm
		-remove and lube pitman
		-removed lyre and tightened attachment plate screws
		-tightened cam screw

Still squeaked.  Where was it? (yes, I did determine the cause)

Answer tomorrow.

Conrad Hoffsommer - mailto:hoffsoco@luther.edu
             Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

***If you receive something that says "Send this to everyone you know",
.