Stable Floor tunings?

Charly Tuner charly_tuner@hotmail.com
Sat, 04 Mar 2000 15:41:42 PST

Hi Don,

Thanks for the insightful info! Yep, There are those cheaper (budget) pianos
that are a nightmare to stabilze, and "pounding" those keys will help, but
those new strings are still gonna stretch for some time to come, right? I
hope the management at the store where i work are more understanding of the
factors that will make a piano, especially new ones, go out of tune fairly
soon,(within weeks to a couple months) regardless of how hard I "pound the
tuning in."
Once again, the sun streaming in, sometimes directly on sound boards, and no
heat at night can't help the painos stay in tune. But I do my best given all
the conditions, and they seem to sound nearly as good from day to day, when
i check them randomly. Every so often I'll find that a piano I tuned 2-3
weeks earlier has dropped a tad in the high treble, or a unison or 2 has
slipped, in which case I'll do a quick touch-up.

Terry