Piano Location

Kent Swafford kswafford@earthlink.net
Sun, 5 Mar 2000 18:36:22 -0600

Matthew Todd wrote:

>And there is a spot next to a wood stove,
>but I doubt that would be good.  So, is there an alternative spot in the
>living room with no inside walls??

In this day and age usually the only reason to avoid outside walls is
heating/AC vents and windows that might allow direct sunlight on the
piano. Position the piano at least five feet away from working heating/AC
vents, and so that the piano cannot receive direct sunlight. BTW, wood
stoves and fireplaces can cause serious damage to a piano if they are
close enough to radiate heat into a piano, but beyond that the corrosive
smoke that can discolor the walls of a house using wood for heat can also
corrode the metal parts of a piano. Beware.

Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano tuner,

Kent Swafford